Influencer marketing is still thriving. And despite what some ‘experts’ have said, it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. For example, the perceived issue of ad-declaration is not as bad as it seems. Influencer marketing works and that’s why the biggest companies are still opting for effective influencers to carry out their digital marketing campaigns.

However, not everybody is benefiting from influencers. And that’s because some marketers are receiving really bad experiences with influencers (that are ineffective). Nonetheless, there are still a lot of effective influencers out there. We determine how we identify effective influencers at the end of this post.


What is an effective influencer?

An effective influencer has been, remains and always will be a person that has developed a largely engaged reach over time. But quite frankly, that is not enough! Every effective influencer must enable the company to hit their designated targets.

Aside from raising the awareness of branded content, increasing audience engagement, improving brand authority or the trustability of services, the best thing influencers can do for you is to increase your customer acquisitions and improve the retention of your customer base.

Effective Influencers - Girls lying down


Big issues within influencer marketing.

Although influencers are a terrific option for every brand and industry, there continues to be a lot of influencers out there that are not helpful. They ‘look’ like they can do a good job for you and your brand but fail to do so when it comes to it. Why? This is because many people that are claiming to be ‘influencers’ are opting to ‘fake it before they make it’. Pardon the cliché.

People are posing as influencers, buying fake followers and fake engagements. Due to this, brands are paying influencers to place their brands among phony followings with phony content engagements. As a result, many marketers are developing very damaging and false interpretations of applying an influencer marketing strategy.

Luckily, as mentioned before, effective influencers do exist! But identifying effective influencers is not as simple as you may think. Simply scrolling on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube is not enough. Even searching through influencer marketing platforms is not enough – That is because there are no influencer marketing software or platforms that have developed good enough algorithms to measure influence.


How do you identify effective influencers?

We’ve found that on average, 3% of influencers (Chromo-Influencers®) are typically more effective than the other 97%.

After an analysis of previous influencer marketing campaigns conducted by PMYB and others, PMYB came to the discovery that certain influencers perform a lot better than the average influencer. In fact, on average we found 3% of the influencers to be 4x more effective than the other 97% of influencers in achieving KPI goals.

During the analysis, our team at PMYB found recurring trends in the data among the top 3% of influencers. We actually discovered that the top 3% rated highly among 46 elements (known as Chromo-Factors). Chromo-Factors include their use of influential body language, as well as the levels of genuine audience engagement on their content.

And this top 3% of influencers are classed as the Chromo-Influencer®. Since PMYB made these discoveries, we have gone on to incorporate this method of screening each influencer when identifying the most effective influencers. If your goal is to identify effective influencers that will boost your customer acquisitions then PMYB Chromo-Influencers® may be for you!

To learn more about our Chromo-Influencer® campaign service contact us here.


Leave a Reply

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons