Influencer marketing has exploded over the last few years and is now an integral part of social media and content marketing. Because of this, there are many conferences and events scheduled for 2019, targeting Influencers, as well as the brands and marketers who work with them.
These influencer marketing events and conferences in 2018 provided great opportunities for people to mix and mingle with key stakeholders in the industry. The 2019 influencer marketing conferences have been following this pattern. Many of them specialise by industry niche. For example, if you are in the food industry (and can travel to the USA) the Tastemaster Conference would provide an excellent opportunity to catch up with important culinary Influencers. VidCon is always excellent for those wanting to promote their activities and products via YouTube, IGTV, or Facebook Video.
Here are eleven of the most interesting influencer marketing conferences and events coming up in 2019.
1. B2B Marketing Expo
March 27th & 28th – London
This year’s B2B Marketing Expo is nearly here, and PMYB is proud to be participating. It’s being held at The ExCel Exhibition Centre at 1 Western Gateway, Royal Docks, London, E16 1XL.
It connects the most proactive marketing professionals with the tools, techniques, and innovations they need to be at the forefront of the ever-evolving world of marketing. If you are part of a B2B business you are sure to find something of value. It features over 500 incredible seminars on virtually every aspect of marketing.
In addition, you can book in advance for 200 free masterclasses on such topics as LinkedIn Sales and Marketing Solutions Masterclass, Digital Marketing Masterclass, and many more.
You also have the opportunity to mix and mingle and visit the stands of 700 exhibitors. Don’t forget to visit PMYB at Stand Number 1830. We look forward to discussing with you how influencer marketing can help your business.
2. #Blogher19 Food
May 8th – Brooklyn NY, USA
#Blogher aims to inspire, empower, and celebrate women content creators. It hosts a variety of conferences focusing on bloggers and Influencers in common niches that involve women. Over the last few years, they have held #blogherbeauty and #blogherhealth. This May they are holding #Blogher19 Food, the first such event since 2016.
Over 500 food content creators, influencers and entrepreneurs will come together for inspiration and learning throughout one day of food-focused panel discussions, interviews, and activations.
The main stage will feature inspirational keynotes and panels, including:
- Passion to Profit: Gives the opportunity for participants to meet the influencers and entrepreneurs who have taken their passion for food and turned it into a thriving business or brand
- Learn from Her: Female leaders talk on trending food topics, the growing digital food industry, how to build your business, and more
- Winning Women: Empowering conversations with strong women who are breaking boundaries in the food industry to make the world a better place for all
There will also be two tracks of educational sessions and workshops:
- BlogHer Studio: Industry leaders and platforms show how to create the best food content through photos, videos and more
- BlogHer Build: Top digital platforms and audience development pros teach how to build your community in the fast-paced digital world with top social media, SEO, and content marketing strategies
There will also be interactive activities, such as cooking classes, tastings, and special events.
July 18-20 – Atlanta GA, USA
Haven is described as the DIY, design, and lifestyle influencers conference. It is targeted at those who are passionate about blogging, do it yourself projects, and creating beauty in the home. It brings 350 pro-bloggers together with over 100 sponsor representatives for a 3-day event.
Although the schedule is not currently finalised, examples of the topics that this event will cover include:
- Pinterest Promoted Pins Simplified
- How to Create a Media Kit that Will Make You Stand Out
- Instagram Growth
- Branding for the Beginner
- Business of Blogging
- Hobby to Business
- Tools of the Instagram Trade
- All About Creating a YouTube Channel
4. Influence This
May 15 – Toronto, Canada
Influence This is Canada’s premiere 2019 Influencer marketing conference/event. It offers a mix of face-to-face meetings, roundtable discussions, industry insights, and creative showcases.
Many of Canada’s top marketers, agencies, and publishers will attend, with many such people on the speaking list. It is the ideal place for all involved in the industry, to meet with each other, along with important Influencers across key verticals.
5. Influencer Marketing Show
October 22-23 – London
London’s Influencer Marketing Show aims to educate brands, enabling them to make smarter decisions on their influencer marketing campaigns. It appears to be more targeted at brands new to Influencer marketing, than most of the events and conferences covered here. As popular as Influencer marketing is in 2019, there are still brands for whom it is a new concept.
The show aims to be the definitive event which covers the business behind influencer marketing and answer the questions about this industry.
The Influencer Marketing Show offers excellent networking opportunities as well as extensive educational sessions. Some of the topics organisers signpost the show will cover include:
- The most effective ways to work with influencers across the globe to ensure campaigns consistently hit KPIs.
- How AI and data will be essential in future influencer marketing campaigns
- Hands-on interactive workshops to give the skills required to run campaigns and actionable tasks to take back to the office
- Key areas of consideration you need to consider if running influencer marketing campaigns in 2019 and 2020
- Key strategies required to run multi-channel award-winning campaigns
- Virtual Influencers. Is this the future? How can your brand be informed and ready for the inevitable rise of virtual influencers?
6. Mom2.0 Summit
April 24-26 – Austin TX, USA
As the conference name indicates, Mom 2.0 Summit is American. It describes itself as the summit as being a conversation for “Moms, Marketers, and Media”. Whether it’s moms or mums, it will still be of value to anybody involved in the parenting sector.
The conference is still firming up its schedule, but it will include a mixture of keynote addresses, marketplace breakouts, workshops, and how-to sessions. The first day begins with a series of Jump Start sessions on:
- How to Maximize Your Mom 2.0 Experience
- You’re Live – The Power of Live Streaming 101
- The Collaborative Impact Model: Creating Exponential Growth with a Collective Mindset
- Real Talk About Monetization
- Stand Out on YouTube: Finding Your Voice, Creating Authenticity and Growing Your Channel
- Collaboration Over Competition: How to Find the People that will Help Grow Your Influence & Further Your Brand Mission
- The Ins and Outs of Finding and Working with PR Agencies as an Influencer
- Key Strategies to Distinguish Your Podcast Launch Among Listeners, With Sponsors, and on Social Media
- #GetPaidtoTalk: How to launch a speaking career
- What Your Influence is ACTUALLY Worth: Navigating the Wild West of Influencer Pricing
- How to Increase Influence, Engagement and Build a Community Using Instagram Stories
- From Me to We: How to Hire and Work with Employees When Your Brand Is You
7. Snap Conference
April 11-13 – Salt Lake City UT, USA
Snap Conference is a conference for creative entrepreneurs and lifestyle Influencers. Snap aims to be a community where imaginative bloggers can come together; learn from one another and walk away invigorated.
The conference will feature the best bloggers representing modern handmade, contemporary craft, mind-blowing home-based events, and DIY, along with dozens of creative entrepreneurs.
8. The Social Shake-up
May 6-8 – Atlanta GA, USA
The annual The Social Shake-up will continue in 2019, giving marketers serious about social media, the opportunity to gather, learn, network and grow.
The agenda covers all things social, and there are plentiful networking opportunities.
A few of the more eye-catching agenda items for those involved in Influencer marketing include:
- Influencer Marketing: From Nano to Macro, Creating Partnerships That Work
- From Storytelling to Action: Tying Content Marketing to Business Goals
- Make YouTube More Than Just a Video Repository for Your Brand
- How to Use Social Listening for Better Marketing Campaigns
- Brand Ambassadors and Social Sellers: Influencers on Instagram and Facebook
There will also be specific Influencer activities, such as an Influencer roundtable and a Meet the Influencers/Drinks with Shakers evening on the Tuesday.
9. Tastemaster Conference
September 19-20 (and Foodie Excursion September 21) – Portland OR, USA
Tastemaster Conference is the food blogger conference for influencers and content creators. Food bloggers and Influencers can mix with incredible vendors and foodies. There will be sessions on making career goals and learning invaluable information on the business aspects of the industry.
The two-day event provides opportunities for the highly-sought after brands sponsoring and attending to specifically connect with food bloggers.
July 10-13 – Anaheim CA, USA
As VidCon10’s name indicates, this is Vidcon’s tenth anniversary. It provides something for anybody interested in creating video content for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitch, and TikTok.
It offers three tracks for attendees to choose from – you pick the one most useful to you:
- The Community Track – aimed at fans going to VidCon to meet their favourite creators and have a good time
- The Creator Track – for video-makers wanting to learn how they can make better content, break into the industry, or just meet fellow creators
- The Industry Track – for companies, brands, and technology companies wishing to build strategies, insights, and alliances. This is the track suggested for firms wanting to meet up with potential Influencers.
If you buy a ticket for the Industry Track you can:
- Access all Community, Creator, and Industry content, including the Meet & Greet and Creator Chat Lotteries
- Attend the Industry Reception to make new friends and connections
- Learn secrets from the experts
- Build strategies, insights, and alliances
- Make new connections with VidCon’s meeting tools and dedicated social channels
11. Youth Marketing Strategy 19 London
April 16-17 – London
Youth Marketing Strategy 19 London (YMS19 LDN) will offer opportunities to discover the latest trends, youth perspectives and brand case studies. It aims to provide insights, tools, and contacts you need to win over Generation Z.
While it doesn’t specifically focus on Influencer marketing, it does emphasise its primary target market.
“Older” marketers and brands often to struggle to understand how to market to a generation that blocks ads on their devices and avoids watching television including ads.
Some interesting items on the agenda include:
- 10 Unexpected Ways Gen Z Will Change the World
- Influencers Killed the Role Model Star – Who Inspires Today’s Gen Z?
- Peak Choice and the Power of Content Discovery
- Where Does Talent Come From?
- How A New Generation Will Save Football from Being Male, Stale and Pale